Runaway Runway....A Recycled Fashion Show

Yes, I know what you're thinking: isn't all fashion recycled? And of course you are right. But please wipe that I'm-quite-clever smirk from your lips if they should happen to twitch with self-satisfaction. These creative people dipped into the literal recycling bin and threw something on with gusto. Bravo, I say, for imagination...and re-imagination. It keeps my work interesting.

What darlings these three young women are. Dresses made from tennis balls, comics and electronics.
A dress of newspapers....surprisingly elegant.

An entire outfit of Gatorade labels, perhaps collected from a local sports team? (I haven't yet tried this American concoction, having been a switchel man since my tipsy cricket days.)

Another gown....one of some 60 entries in all. Though delighted by the parade of "trashion", I must say I was most thrilled to see two particular ladies.....

The Lady Chablis clad in a Crown Royal bag gown...


And of course, The Always Enchanting Peg, whose photo I captured on my way to 701 Whaley. I never fail to find her well put together in every way. Oh my.

Comments

Popular Posts