Mardi Gras Parade....City Roots

Kristian had hinted to me earlier that he had a special ensemble ready for Saturday's Mardi Gras parade, the first such parade in Columbia's history. I believe this suit was worthy of the occasion. He tells me he found the purple suit in a store on Main Street, then embellished it with glittering Ks from Hobby Lobby.
While there were many great outfits--or shall we say costumes--I particularly liked this gentleman's clever use of an old ruffled shirt, which echoed the feathers of his mask. Quite handsome.
This young lady was simply darling and had on the most appealing shoes.

It's not every day that you see a headdress paired with yellow sunglasses. Michael's boa was made, not of feathers, but of plastic bags.
Here, Cindi presents the traditional Mardi Gras colours rather well, I think.
Oh, and these gentlemen. The fellow on the right has impressed me with his style before. I don't believe I've ever seen a sun visor worn so well as this. And the chap on the left later saved me from near-certain doom: during the parade, my kilt became caught in the spokes of my bicycle and he freed me before I could tumble into traffic.
Though I have many more images, I'll leave you with this one--the viking in the blue dress. Debi is adorable, no? I do hope this will be the first of many parades to come. It was quite the good time.

Comments

Popular Posts