Record Breakers....Convention Center

Yesterday's record-breaking heat reminded me: one week ago, I had been trudging through the snow in our bipolar city and had grabbed a snapshot of this sign celebrating the new Guinness World Record for most bow ties tied at one time.  And of course, given that my mind is as knotted up as a bow tie, I remembered that I had a few photos of that record-breaking day that I should post here.
As I wandered the Columbia convention center among the 800+ participants, there was no shortage of handsome chaps.  Still, these gentlemen stood out, looking spectacular as they waited for the world record attempt.
And here...wonderfully Southern gingham shirts....on what I take to be son and father.  I like to think they will delight relatives over Thanksgiving Dinner with tales of their contribution to bow tie history, for decades to come.
This smart woman, tie completed, looked the very picture of a world record holder.  Well done!
And this winning foursome....who caused me to wonder if there is a merit badge for bow tying....or perhaps for Guinness World Record attempts.

Indeed, given the weather ups and downs we've endured since, it seems this event took place years ago.  In fact, our city's held the record for less than two weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts