Cold Weather....A Perfect Excuse

Yes, cold weather is a wonderful reason to break out the silly hats. (If you're wearing one, do send a photo.) I'd put this mutt's topper up against anything Jean Paul Gaultier can throw at a Paris runway.

Cold weather is also a fine reason to shirk one's anthropological duties, stay indoors with a hot pot of tea, and rummage through the 2009 photo files. I encountered the pup you see above on a trip to the snowy fields of Alaska, where I must say, the weather was a tad warmer than the freeze forecast tonight for our sunny South. My luncheon destination was postcard-worthy Seward....
...a Palin-free zone, though I did encounter one female politician. Vanta Shafer was mayor of Seward and now owns a bookstore on Seward's main street. She used to live in Chester, South Carolina.
I was pleased to find that Vanta has preserved her Southerner's penchant for bright colours....and flair for hospitality. And I have to imagine she's better prepared for winter weather than I. Dear reader, tomorrow I will venture out. For now, however, I believe I shall toss another Duraflame on the fire.

Comments

Popular Posts