Lorrie....Melrose Heights

Lorrie and her friends were strolling about the neighborhood caroling when I happened upon them at a four-way stop on Hagood. This young lady performed "Santa Baby" for me, there in the intersection. (Thank goodness I had taken my beta blockers.) Then the carolers invited me to follow them home for a hot buttered rum. Despite Mum's cautions throughout my boyhood to never take rum from strangers, I found I could not say no.

A chat in the kitchen revealed that Lorrie is a jazz chanteuse who has been in London these last few months. She's there studying acting at the same drama school that delivered us Larry Olivier. Along with her dazzling personality and stunning mane of red hair, I managed to note the sweater (chunky, yet not bulky) and the fur-trimmed boots (hers a saucy alternative to those ubiquitous Uggs).

Comments

Popular Posts