Kirs....80808 Gallery

This young woman's ensemble intrigued me. I had never seen anything quite like it--and for good reason. Save the shoes and watch, she'd had a hand in making nearly everything she was wearing. The frock was a stretch of fabric she'd gathered up, pinned to a bra, and belted. Here's a closeup that shows a bit of that engineering....
The DIY marvels don't end there. She'd wrapped this lovely concoction of threads and buttons around her hair....
Then she removed her glasses to show me what may have been my favourite detail. She had replaced one temple with.....
....yes, a pair of bendy plastic drinking straws. Ingenious! As we chatted, Kirs told me she'd been featured on this blog before and I confess, my recollection was a little fuzzy. Reviewing my files, I discovered that she is right--though I think I might be forgiven, for the young lady looks rather different today than she did then.

Comments

Popular Posts