Francie....Out of Africa

I had hired a car and headed to the Karen Blixen house on the outskirts of Nairobi, where I was more than a little surprised to hear two people discussing the flora of the Palmetto State. At first, I wondered if I had imbibed one Tusker too many....but indeed, the pair were from Columbia. We gazed at the Ngong Hills together, and the woman seemed beside herself to be reliving the movie Out of Africa. (I must admit, it is one of my favourite movies, from a fashion point of view.)  Poor dear, she'd been wearing the same outfit for more than a week--the travel skirt a purchase from the Columbia outpost of Halfmoon Outfitters.  A night later, I bumped into them again, at the Lord Delamere Terrace in town. I do hope their subsequent safari to the Masai Mara is a success.

Comments

Popular Posts