Chatman....Main Street

I was trying a new-to-me cocktail at The Oak Table, a Lumberjack (a maple-y, Canadianesque alternative to my usual Old Fashioned), when I spied this fetching young woman crossing Gervais Street (the bar at The Oak Table has a fabulous view of the corner of Main and Gervais, it seems).

The tippling crowd urged me to scurry to the street and photograph her.  So I did.  I loved the way she'd assembled it all--and no doubt, startled her by accosting her on the sidewalk to say so.  She was very gracious and told me her name.  I heard it as "Chapman."

"With a 't'," she corrected me, then turned to show me one of her earrings.
Delightful! I do hope Chatman enjoyed the rest of her evening as much as I did, for I returned to my seat with the excellent view.  May I recommend a Lumberjack, followed by a deconstructed S'more?  It's all the fun of camping without having to remove twigs from your hair.

Comments

Popular Posts