Peg...Saluda Avenue

What luck to happen upon the lovely Peg in Five Points, who was bundled up on this unseasonably chilly morning. Had you asked me what a Southern woman might be like, I have no idea how I would have answered. What did I have to go on? Scarlett O'Hara? Miss Jane Pittman? But now I believe Peg might be what I would have conjured up had I known what to conjure. She manages to look fresh and girlish, yet mature and appropriate; well-bred yet a tad unpredictable. Is this a Southern type? Or is Peg one of a kind? I suspect the answer is "both" but must see where my research takes me....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Lord Maxwell, I agree that Miss Peg is quite a fashionista--it sounds like you are quite a fashion guru too--I hope to get to meet you sometime! Most sincerely, Elinor Averyt

Popular Posts