Thomas....Nashville


To paraphrase Miss Dorothy Gale: "Aunt Dahlia, I've a feeling we're not in Columbia any more."

My conversation with Thomas went something like this:

LM: Sir, I'd love to photograph you for my research. You see, I'm trying to discern the fashion differences between Columbia, South Carolina and Nashville, Tennessee.

Thomas: That's fine by me. But I'm not from Nashville.

LM: Oh dear. Shows how much I know about cowboy boots. From where do you hail?

Thomas: Hughes, Arkansas.

LM: Do many other gentlemen in Arkansas dress as you?

Thomas: Only if they've got enough balls to. Excuse me, sir. I didn't mean to offend.

LM: Quite alright. (fumbling with my camera) Let's see...I've got you in focus, yes....so for the camera, if you will, just say... hmm...."bollocks"?

Comments

Popular Posts