Beatrix....Bundled Up

Beatrix dropped off some books on a chilly afternoon and was, coincidentally, all atwitter about her new "librarian" glasses. As we chatted about our mutual disdain for whaling novels, I noticed she was emanating the odour of cheap men's cologne (not unlike one of those bewildering plug-in air thingies). Had she been the proverbial naughty librarian, I brazenly asked. "No," Beatrix blushed, "my sweater's a recent purchase from Abercrombie & Fitch. Everything there reeks of some sort of perfume." Indeed.

She also confessed--glasses by Ogi; skirt, Piazza Sempione; boots, Banana Republic; gray wool jacket from the back of her closet (vintage 1980s, if I know my lapels).

Comments

Jana said…
Is Beatrix at Springdale Hall? She's looking adorable!! I can't believe you ran into Bob. I beg you Lord Maxwell, don't post him until he has on a suitable tie!
Maxwell said…
Dear Jana,
What is wrong with your Bob's tie? I saw no enormous spaghetti stain, nor was any of it missing.
And you are correct: that is Springdale Hall in the photo. Ms. Beatrix is adorable enough, I suppose, as long as one does not bring up the dreaded "Moby Dick".
Cheers-
LM

Popular Posts