Starsky....Lincoln Street

When I saw this young man crossing Gervais Street, I grabbed the first available parking space and hurried to intercept him. His bold approach to colour dazzled me, particularly his choice of orange pinwale corduroy trousers.

"I like to be different," he said. "I don't like to be average, that's for sure." The elements of this ensemble, Starsky told me, were acquired over time, with never a plan, for instance, to pair the plaid tie and madras patchwork cap. I inquired about his shoes: did he paint them himself?
No, he answered, gesturing to one of his friends, Janelle: "She did." Janelle paints shoes and other clothing and said that Starsky was her model and muse. Where can we find this work, I wanted to know. That's when I learned that Starsky and his delightful companions were here from Myrtle Beach, visiting Columbia for GospelFest. I hope they have a marvelous time.

Comments

Popular Posts