Carol....Long Cardigan

Carol seemed to be weighing her options: should she smile?.... or clonk me on the head and run for her her life? Is it possible that someone who resembles me is featured on a wanted poster in the nearby Trenholm Plaza post office? Could she have been unnerved when I followed her into and out of Starbucks without purchasing so much as a cafemochacremawhattalatte?

"It's the sweater," I said, sounding perhaps a little desperate. She looked round at her handsome companion, worry on her brow. He did not quickdraw a sidearm. Instead, he offered to hold her coffee.

And it was the sweater....one that flatters the wearer yet keeps all the cozy blanket qualities that the best sweaters possess. Carol told me she has a couple of long sweaters, in fact, and that she often prefers wearing them instead of jackets.

Comments

Popular Posts