Arts Enthusiast....State House

We fashion anthropologists love rain, because it inspires intriguing outfits. So you might be able to imagine the thrill I felt when I realized I could attend an event chock full of artists IN the rain. Oh my. One of the first people who caught my eye at this rally for South Carolina arts was the woman with the parasol you see above. She was intent on her mission--and who was I to interrupt?  So I followed her...

 ...my old bones hobbling after her, back and forth across the grounds....
...waiting, watching and trying not to appear too creepy....
...until, at last, I managed a proper photo.  I do not know her name, but I do know she sang with a flashing mob on the State House steps, a song from Hairspray according to newspaper reports.  (You'll be relieved to know these flashing mobsters did not wear raincoats or show anything unsightly.)  I do love her cloud socks and parasol--well done!

Comments

Popular Posts