Jana & Elizabeth....Forest Hills

A mum and daughter on a summer evening, enjoying a swing under the old oak tree. First I mopped the perspiration from my eyes. Then I trespassed on their green lawn long enough to introduce myself. I had to make certain that I was not seeing a Norman Rockwell mirage created by extreme humidity and one quaff too many of lemonade.

Upon closer inspection, I determined that both were quite real, and that Jana's navy blue and white ensemble was set off with a bit of un-Rockwellian flair.
I like this multi-coloured belt. It adds pizazz, gives traditional a bit of a twist. I said as much, and (as I've found Southern women are wont to do) Jana confided her belt was quite the bargain. "I bought it at an outlet in North Carolina that tends to cater to older women," she said, with an almost-apologetic smile.

Comments

Popular Posts