Mary Kay & Bella....Dallas

One ponders what mad science might result from crossing Dolly Parton with Wednesday Addams. (One likely outcome: Elvira)

I very nearly got to experience the phenomenon on a Friday night in Dallas, when a Mary Kay Cosmetics Convention and TwiCon (a conference for fans of the Twilight series) came together in my hotel during a raging lightning storm.

I believe the pretty young lady on the left is a Mary Kay, the lovely one on the right a would-be Bella. But perhaps, dear reader, I have confused them. There was so much (literal) electricity in the air, anything is possible, particularly when one is wearing a pacemaker.

Please allow me to tip my ten gallon chapeau to Texas, where to my delight, I always find the boots pointy, the hairdos sufficiently large, and the people extraordinarily friendly. It was my good fortune to be in Dallas to present my paper "The Cowboy Boot Factor in Modern Politics," might I add, to a sympathetic audience.

Comments

Popular Posts