Anna Katherine....The Look Book

It's always a treat to discover a young person with an interest in the work you do. Rather makes you feel for a moment as if you have created a life worth living. So it was when I chatted with Anna Katherine recently. It started with her ballet flats, which I admired--a classic.
Those, she says, she found at Target. Then, at her mother's prompting, she told me about her penchant for putting her clothes on the floor. Now mind you, this isn't the sort of willy-nilly tossing that drives a neatnik father batty nor requires a Jeeves to correct.
No, AK deliberately arranges her outfits for each season on her bedroom floor.

She takes photos of the ensembles, puts them in a notebook, and hangs all her clothes in the closet.
Then, clever girl, she can lie abed in the morning, eat her Captain Crunch, and thumb through the book to select her attire for the day. Have I stumbled upon a fashion anthropologist in the making? Or at least a potential assistant?

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a terrific thing to do. I would bet that this kid is good genes/jeans.
Anonymous said…
I intended to say "has good genes/jeans"
Lord Maxwell said…
Having met her charming family, I think good genes are a certainty.

Popular Posts