Nikki & Patrina....Columbia Canal


When I happened upon daughter and mother, I was smitten with their ensembles, Nikki in ruffles and a fresh yellow scarf, Patrina pedaling in Keds and a flowing skirt. My friend Molly then called my attention to these stylish bicycles with small wheels. Nikki's brother Ron coasted over and explained that his bike and Nikki's fold. Molly was thrilled by this tidbit; I feared she might make like a Gap employee and fold their tw0-wheelers on the spot.

Patrina, fortunately, changed the subject: she chose her Giant Revive, she told us, for the backrest (a concession to comfort that appeals to me). Soon, dad rode up on a three-wheeler he calls an adult trike. The entire scene--handsome family, blue skies, sunflowers--made me long for a leisurely ride and a picnic in the countryside. 'Tis the season for a bit of bicycling, I suppose.

Comments

Popular Posts