Keith....Assembly Street

First, to anyone at the intersection of Washington and Assembly yesterday at 1:34pm: if I nearly grazed you with a lime green VW bug, my apologies. My friend Molly abruptly handed off the wheel of her car so that she could jog down Assembly to photograph this gentleman for my files.

Keith caught our attention, dapper yet casual, his serious suit countered with a lavender shirt. His manners were as attractive as his appearance, and he insisted on strolling down the block to meet me. Over the traffic's din, I thought I understood him to say he had arrived from the Yukon, has come to Columbia to employ a quality wife, and was at the library to check out The Hobbit, Part 2.

Molly, after threatening to outfit me with an ear horn, explained that I had misheard. The young man is a graduate of UConn, has come to Columbia to enjoy our quality of life, and was downtown for a job interview.

When I asked if he frequently wore colourful shirts with his suits, he said, "Yes, I love 'em." That I did hear clearly, without a doubt.

Comments

Sheila J said…
Haha, definately not to employ a quality wife. lol. quite spoken for. He's quite the gentleman, though quite the character. Nice shot.

Popular Posts