Minnie....Garners Ferry

I shared my brolly with this delightful woman yesterday, but you'll not be surprised to learn that I had an ulterior motive.

LM: I must tell you, this is a wonderful outfit. I cannot resist it.
Minnie (chuckling): Sir, you're not the first person to tell me that today.
LM (going where he always must): I don't doubt it, but perhaps I will be the first person to tell you this: I am a fashion anthropologist. Might I capture your ensemble for my research?

Her hat was purple, but still I suspected that Minnie might be a member of the famed Red Hat Society. I was reluctant to ask, lest I sound presumptious. Perhaps Minnie simply likes purple and red. So I kept the chatter going, always an easy task on my side.


LM: You are fond of red and purple, I take it.
Minnie: Well, I'm a red hatter. You have to do these things when you get old.

We laughed, and I wondered how a man of my umpteen years might look in a crimson fedora. Minnie proceeded to tell me that she'd always liked red, had begun adding purple over the last year, and decided to dress up in Red Hat Society colours as an antidote to the gloomy afternoon. I, for one, was totally cheered--making this outfit an unqualified success!

Comments

Popular Posts