Marina....New Year's Day

This pretty young lady and her friends appeared to be concluding their first bicycle outing of the new year. I eavesdropped for a while; they were such a jolly group that it made me long to be 20 again. Though reluctant to barge in, I was unable to resist asking Marina about her ensemble.

One does not often see a person cycling in gypsy pink tights and a black mini skirt (I'm sorry to say). I wondered what had inspired the selection. "Actually, this is what I wore out for New Year's Eve," she told me. "It was cold, so I threw on the hoody."

Perfect, I thought, and was so glad I'd inquired. Then a second treat--the chance to say hello to another new acquaintance. It turned out that one of Marina's cycling companions (her back to us in the photo above, wearing the green knapsack) was lovely, talented Charlotte, whose flair for knee socks had earlier turned my head.

Comments

girlfacedana said…
Marina's style is so awesome, she always looks cool.
girlfacedana said…
I really like your blog. Columbia Street Scene has not posted in months so it's nice to see someone else is featuring interesting dressers in soda city!
Maxwell said…
Thank you so much for reading, dear girlfacedana. It appears from your blog that you might be quite stylish too!
Unknown said…
Love the look, but a helmet would take it to a new level. Call me uptight, but I'm a believer. My sister had a terrible accident on a bike - her helmet saved her. I can only believe vanity prevents people from wearing them. I'm not trying to be mean, really. I just hate seeing people without helmets!
Lord Maxwell said…
No doubt a helmet is a good idea!

Popular Posts