A Day in the Country....Serenbe

Quelle chance! I was invited for a day of fine food and wine in the countryside near Atlanta, and making the invitation even more enticing is that it was issued by Les Dames d'Escoffier. I've had a fondness for this charming group ever since they invited me to deliver my paper "Beyond the Apron: Women, Attire and the Culinary Professions." So what does one wear to the country? Hats, as you see, on this intriguing woman above...

....and on these fine gentlemen.....
In a sea of denim, greys and camels, colour was particularly a stand out....
I admired the way the woman's hair in the photo below matched the stitching on her vest. Was this by design, I found myself pondering, or a mere happy coincidence? (For the record, I once dyed my hair to match my tie, but that was in the 1980s when people did such things.)
Sweaters and boots were a common sight. Here you see two variations on that theme....
It was my pleasure to meet this attractive young woman, below. Ginger told me she owns a home in Columbia. I admired her jacket and her quite-serious camera. The jacket she got on sale; the camera, however, was priced well beyond my fixed-income budget, alas.
Though I spent the entire afternoon on the farm, I must tell you: these scrawny bovines were the only livestock that I saw. Perhaps had I spent a little less time in the wine tasting tent, I might have seen a few more goats and such. Oh well, next time!

Comments

Popular Posts